Yesterday, it was reported that a Canadian national entered a Detroit-area airport, found a police officer, yelled “Allahu Ackbar!” and then repeatedly stabbed the police officer in the neck.
In the meantime, our government has focused on:
- A “TRAVEL BAN” (emphasis Trump’s). But a ban on temporary visas for citizens of a half dozen Middle Eastern countries would not have excluded this Canadian Muslim terrorist (or any other terrorist, according to the U.S. Department of Homeland Security).
- A “laptop ban,” because older x-ray equipment can make it difficult to distinguish a laptop battery from a block of C-4. The better solution being an upgrade of older x-ray equipment notwithstanding, every recent airport attack has either detonated a bomb before the security checkpoint or used an alternative weapon — like a knife.
- A more thorough molestation when going through TSA checkpoints. Because despite all the other holes in TSA security, grabbing everyone’s genitals makes us feel safer, right?
- Surveillance — which, apparently, doesn’t work.
Here’s what our government has not focused on:
- Getting the hell out of the Middle East. Instead, we’re still selling arms to Saudi Arabia and now bombing more civilians than ever.
- Fixing mental health in this country. Scratch that, fixing health in this country.
There seems to be a simple solution: spend less on war, ineffective TSA security, and creating a police state, and spend more on healthcare.
So why aren’t we doing this? Why don’t we, the people, the voters, insist on this?